I am truly honored to write today’s post. I have been nominated for the One Lovely Blog award. I can’t even begin to explain my emotions about this! I am excited, honored, and touched. I am so glad that my writing and experiences are reaching others and that my writing is touching other people’s hearts! That is the goal of my blogging. I want to show others that they are not alone in their journey through pain, grief, and depression. So, I am speechless when I think that I am doing just that! I want to send a HUGE thank you out to the blogger Ordinary Soul for nominating me for this award. Thank you so much! I am truly honored and hope that my words and experiences can continue to help people as they go through their painful and trying experiences.
The rules are simple as A,B,C…
- Thank the nominator and link them.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Add 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers and let them know via a comment.
7 facts about myself:
- I am a die hard nerd: I love being intellectual. Whether that is engaging in conversations about smartical things (yes, I know smartical is not a word), reading complex books, writing lengthy research papers, engaging in debates, researching, graduate school, etc. Anything nerdy, I am there.
- My dream is to get a Ph.D in special education: Yes, that is right…a Ph.D. Almost have the masters and am now in the works of completing my application for a spot in a few doctoral programs. Why a Ph.D you ask? I want to contribute to the field of special education. I see problems in the education being provided for these students. I see flaws in the system and want to be the one who fixes it. I want to enhance educate for students who have disabilities. So, a Ph.D is what I need.
- I secretly love opera: Yup. Renee Fleming, Susan Graham, Thomas Hampson, Diana Damrau, etc. I grew up being classically trained by an opera singer. Every summer I would have lessons with her at a camp I went to. I actually wanted to be an opera singer, but my plans changed. I still listen to opera when I work on my graduate work and attend operas/recitals. It’s romantic, dramatic, and moving. I just love it. I have actually been to an opera at the Metropolitan Opera in New York (starring Renee Fleming) and it was the best live performance I have ever seen. Would totally do it again.
- I get baby fever: I LOVE babies. Their smell, cuteness, sounds, you name it. I love it. I also love looking at baby clothes as I ooh and aw. I can’t wait to have my own baby some day, but until then I will love on all the babies I see!
- I have been to 7 countries: Austria, Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland, Luxembourg, and Canada. Loved every single one of them. I love to travel. Some day I hope to make it back to Italy, Switzerland, and Austria. I also hope to make it to Prague as both sides of my family are from Prague and I am 75% Czech. I also have some relatives that live there and would love to actually meet them.
- Helping people is my jam: I love to help people and would rather help people than help myself. I know that I have been put on this earth to serve other people and that is what I will do until the day I die.
- I want to make the world a better place: I want to show love where love is not always shown. I want to show people who feel unloved that they are loved. I want to help those who need help. I want to give children a reason to hope for their future.
Drum roll please……………my nominations go to:
7. Dear You
To my nominations: congrats! I look forward to reading your award-winning piece! 🙂