2015 is FINALLY coming to a close. I can honestly chalk it up as one of the WORST and most challenging years of my life. It was one heck of a ride and I am glad it is done! 2015 was the year in which I got diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, my father passed away and I became an “orphan,” I had a breakup of two relationships in which the people involved were classified as my “best friends,” I got diagnosed with depression, and I endured countless therapy sessions.
I am hoping 2016 will bring me health, physically and mentally. It is the year in which I am hoping to move somewhere new and start over with this “new me” that was created during my grief and depression. This new woman within me wants to break free. I want to set her loose.
I am hoping to not need my depression medications as much by the end of this year. I am also hoping to lose the weight I packed on during this depression. So, I am making some positive life changes this year in order to help myself move on and recover. The following are my goals this year:
1. Take up yoga and do it every morning before work (or at night). I am on a start with this one as I just bought my yoga supplies. I just have to heal from the wisdom teeth operation before I get started.
2. Do bible journaling to grow closer in my relationship with God, more fully understand His word, and continue submitting myself to His plan for my life. I am sure some of my journals from this will be written here on this blog.
3. Complete a hard-core, sweat pouring off me workout at least 3 times a week. This type of workout has helped me with my depression and self-harm tendencies, so I would love to get back to it.
4. Take moments to pause and reflect or just breathe throughout the day. I forget to take time for me and breathe. I need to pause and breathe. I actually bought a “taking time to pause” bracelet that will remind me to do this every 90 minutes as it vibrates every 90 minutes. It’s an AMAZING little thing. I recommend it for anyone that needs this reminder!
5. Take time for myself every day. Through reading a good book, writing, or just doing a facial or my nails. Making time for ME.
Those are my goals for the new year. We will see how it goes! What are your goals for the new year?