I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely and amazing blogger, Shut That Negative Noise Off! Thank you so much for nominating me! I am truly honored!
I was not expecting my blog to take off this year. But, to my surprise, it did. My blogging was meant to write about my experiences with my grief and depression. It was to help me reach out and find others who are going through the same thing, as well as help others going through the same things. To show others, and myself, that they are not alone in this journey. This is exactly what this blog has done this year and I am TRULY grateful as I have made many wonderful “blogger friends” who have been such tremendous help to me this year. I am still in awe over how much you complete strangers have helped me this year. Some of your comments have saved my very life. Thank you all so much for everything! Remember that we are all going through this together. We are here for each other!
My annual report showed me that I have received 120+ new followers this year and over 2,000 views. This is also the second award my blog has been nominated for! I am completely astounded! So, without further ado, I will answer the questions asked of me. After that, I will post the questions for the bloggers I nominate for this award. If you are nominated by me, it is completely up to you to accept it. If you accept it, answer the five questions on your blog, nominate your favorite bloggers, and ask five questions for them to answer. Here we go!
- Why do you blog? At first, my blog was just something to write on. I wasn’t very successful with it. After my father passed away, my blogging took off. It became a form of therapy for me. It is a way to get things off my mind and reach out to others for help and advice. It is also a way for me to reach out to those who may be going through similar issues and need support.
- Do you have a mind, body and soul balance? Besides completing daily devotions and prayers, I am not good at balancing all three of these. This year, I am going to take up yoga and some meditation to help with this. At least, that is my goal.
- Do you know the meaning of God and Jesus Christ? Absolutely! God is my Father and creator. Jesus is my savior. Without faith and religion, I would definitely not have made it through this year. I would have totally committed suicide. Not kidding. God, and my faith in God, is what has saved me from this. My relationship with God and Jesus has become truly reformed through my grief and depression as I have truly witnessed His works in my life and sense Him protecting me from evil.
- What are you anticipating in 2016? I am looking forward to moving and starting a new life, finding out which Ph.D program I will get into, and making more meaningful and long-lasting relationships.
- Do you pray? Everyday. In the morning, at night, and frequent moments in between. Prayer is a frequent occurrence in my day and I firmly believe I wouldn’t make it through the day without it.
My questions for my nominees:
- What do you do to relieve stress or lower feelings of depression?
- If you have a favorite book, what is it?
- If you could do anything this year and not be afraid to do it, what would you do?
- Of all the places you have traveled, what has been your favorite?
- What are the three best qualities about you?