I am BEYOND honored to be renominated for the Liebster Award by the blogger, Rise of the Phoenix. Which makes this the third award for my blog! Thank you all so much for your support!
I have been watching my WordPress reader these last few days and have seen this precise award being passed around to several mental health/mental health awareness blogs that I follow. This makes me ECSTATIC. It shows me how, somehow through the magicalness that is the internet, those of us who go through trauma of some kind have found each other and formed an AMAZING community of support. That is one thing I just LOVE about blogging here. You bloggers are absolutely AMAZING! Keep writing and together we can help each other out! ❤ ❤ ❤
Without further ado, I will answer the questions asked of me. After that, I will post the questions for the bloggers I nominate for this award. If you are nominated by me, it is completely up to you to accept it. If you accept it, answer the five questions on your blog, nominate your favorite bloggers, and ask five questions for them to answer. Here we go! The following are my answers to the amazing Rise of the Pheonix’s questions.
- Why did you start your blog? I started this blog a few years ago as a place to just write, as writing has always been a passion of mine. Little did I know, this blog ended up turning into a coping device for me as I deal with grief, anxiety, and depression.
- What is your most prized possession and why?
I would have to say my most prized possession is my mother’s engagement ring, which was giving to me at her funeral (when I was 15) when the funeral director got it off her finger. I wore it the rest of that day, but now store it in a jewelry box. My dream is to take the diamond out and set it in a cross pendant for a necklace that I can wear close to my heart every day. My mother’s college graduation necklace is pretty special to me as well. I got it when I graduated with my master’s degree last month and wear it every now and then. It brings me comfort as I think about how she wore it and it hung close to her loving and tender heart.
- What is your favorite quote? “Life gives you a thousand chances, all you have to do is take one.” -Frances Mayes in her book, Under the Tuscan Sun.
- What is your favorite post you’ve written?
This is a hard question for me! Most of my posts are written as they come to me. They are based on my emotions and thoughts. Something will pop into my head, or be bothering me, and I will think, “I have to write about that.” So, I do. But, going back and looking through my posts, I would have to say that my most favorite would be Lessons Learned From My Students. This post makes me happy and feel warm inside. I makes me remember what love feels like. So, I enjoy going back and reading it.
- What is your favorite post written by someone else?
Another hard question! There are SO many great posts that I have read out there! I don’t think I can answer this one! How about I just say my favorite post I have read within the last day? That works for me! This post would be that of: Mercy by the blogger Beauty Beyond Bones.
And because I love sharing the love, I nominate the following bloggers for this award:
My questions for them are:
- If you could relive any moment, what would it be and why?
- What (or who) inspires or motivates you?
- If you could change anything in the world, what would it be?
- What is your go-to binge food?
- If you could have a private meet-and-greet with anyone (living or dead) who would it be and why?